Isabella is currently pursuing a degree in Music Theory and Composition with a concentration in Screen Scoring at New York University. In her composition as well as her songwriting, she enjoys experimenting with traditional orchestral, folk, indie, and alternative styles. She enjoys incorporating elements from her songwriting background into her scoring by using vocals and guitar in both textural and melodic contexts. She also is passionate about musical theatre composition, which she discovered thorough the Musical Theatre Composition program at New York Youth Symphony. From orchestration to writing lyrics, she loves every aspect of creating music for theatre.
Awards & Recognitions
- 2015 Golden Key Piano Competition “Journey of the Swallows” for solo piano performed at Lincoln Center and Ehrbar Hall, Vienna, Austria
- 2016 Golden Key Piano competition 1st degree “Rondo Della Notte” for solo piano performed at Carnegie Hall
- 2016, 2017, and 2018 Marvin Hamlisch Film scoring finalist in youth category
- 2016 ASCAP Morton Gould Young Composer finalist “Rondo Della Notte” for solo piano and 2017 finalist for “Colors of Spring” for full orchestra
- 2016 National Young Composers Challenge Honorable Mention for “Colors of Spring” performed at the Walt Disney Theater,Dr Phillips Center, Orlando, Florida and 2017 finalist for “Le Mystique” for full orchestra
- 2017 Honorable Mention in teen category for Allentown Symphony Association “Pictures at an Exhibition” composer competition
- 2018 Finalist in Inspired Nation’s Tri-state Rocks
- 2018 Finalist in National Young Composers Challenge for “Fairytale” for full orchestra
- 2019 Finalist ASCAP Morton Gould Young Composer Competition for “Fairytale” for full orchestra
- 2019 Semi-finalist Unsigned Only Music Competition in Teen category for “Unlock”
- 2019 Semi-finalist International Songwriting Competition in Teen category for “Slow it Down”
- 2020 Semi-finalist Unsigned Only Music Competition in Teen category for “Fire”
- 2020 HERlead Fellow (Focus: Women in the Music Industry)- A national leadership program that trains and empowers the next generation of female leaders
- 2020 International Songwriting Competition semi-finalist in Teen category for “More of This”
- 2021 National Young Arts Foundation Merit winner in Voice: Singer-Songwriter
- 2020-2021 Marvin Hamlisch International Music Awards Nominee(Youth Division) for film/Media Scoring
- 2020-2021 Marvin Hamlisch International Music Awards Winner (Youth Division)Musical Theatre Composition
- 2021 Musical Theater Songwriting Challenge Honorable Mention
- 2022 Marvin Hamlisch International Music Awards Finalist in the Contemporary/Pop Category
A reel of varied cues for the screen.
“Blind” an original song inspired by the film Coraline.
“When You Stretched Out Your Hand” , the closing number for New York Youth Symphony’s Musical Theatre Composition Concert. Cowritten with Grace Gramins.